Jarsto's Writing Blog

November 16, 2006

NaNoWriMo Report

I've been neglecting this blog a bit. I've been too busy writing to blog about writing recently. NaNoWriMo is in full swing and I've been setting a new record pace for myself. But today I recalled the blog guiltily, so I've returned to make a quick report about NaNoWriMo.

It's been a record breaking, perhaps I should say record shattering, month so far, though I've had a bit of a slow down the last two days. I thought I did great last year, when with a ten thousand word sprint to the finish I managed to reach the fifty thousand word target on the 13th of November. This year I made it in just one week, and that included a sixteen thousand word sprint. I've slowed down a bit since, but have managed another big day at twelve thousand words.

The last two days have been a bit of a slump. I've been very tired for some reason, and evenings are usually my primary writing time. I don't much mind having a few slow days to relax now, with 75k under my belt. I'm sure I'll be back into it full speed soon enough.