Jarsto's Writing Blog

August 12, 2006

I'm A Sucker For Pretty Word Counts

I noticed it again tonight. About three minutes before I starter writing this in fact. A pretty word count can just about stop me dead. Take tonight. I've finished work on Gordian Knot v2 for now. Partly because I made my current daily goal, 1000 words, but mostly because I finished at 8844 words.

If I hadn't made 1000 for the day already things might have been different. I can usually keep going when I have to. But every time something pretty greets me when I as for the word count there is a temptation to just stop for a while. To enjoy seeing the pretty count preserved in my daily word count sheet.

Sometimes I think I must be nuts, at times like this I'm sure.

1 Comments:

  • You are nuts :)
    I keep ending up with strange wordcounts sometimes, but all I care about is making my daily count.

    By Blogger Blaine D. Arden, at 20:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home