Jarsto's Writing Blog

February 01, 2006

The Day After

I felt good today about finishing up yesterday, though the feeling was marred slightly by a bad night's sleep. I decided to get back into the writing right away, but it took me a while to settle on something. I spent an hour at least looking through world-building notes on several projects before I made a decision to keep up actual writing.

The project I'm taking up, code-named Lightning, started as my 2004 NaNoWriMo I made the requisite 50,000 words that November, but the project lost steam soon after that. It's basically been at roughly 54,000 words for over a year.

I think Lightning will be done in less then 100k, but it will almost certainly top 80k at least. That's a month or so of work, provided I can get back into the 1000 a day rhythm. Today wasn't a spectacular success. Getting back into the mindset for the book is not an instant process; I only got 132 words today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home