Jarsto's Writing Blog

January 29, 2006

The End Is Nigh!

Though I ended up leaving things at a shade over 1100 for the day yesterday it's taken off again today. I'm now over 1400 words with an hour to spare before midnight. This isn't just the interaction between characters helping things along, this is the build-up of speed as I approach the end of the novel. I doubt it'll happen in January, but unlike two or three days ago I don't think that would be impossible either.

Even though I knew what still had to happen in the story I didn't really realise how close I was to the finish line until I finished writing just now. I still have to figure out a way for my characters to get their hands on someone who is currently comfortably in the middle of a 30,000 strong army, but after that it's just a matter of a handful of loose ends to be tied up. Somehow it always surprises me when I reach this point.

Tomorrow we dive head first into the home stretch (to use a rather awkward mixed metaphor).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home