Jarsto's Writing Blog

January 25, 2006

Not As Good As I'd Like, But...

Well 1000 words a day is definitely creeping back to a solid habit status. Unfortunately the words aren't all that good but they're getting me to the end of the novel anyway. I've already mentally marked this section as needing quite a bit of attention when I start editing this, though I'll let it rest for a few months at least before I do that.

Right now I'm working on the theory that it's easier to correct what I've written now when I start editing than it would be to write better now. Granted I usually hope to write a lot better than I seem to be doing now, but getting 1000 words a day that logically continue the story is the first hurdle.

Making these words not just continue the story but tell something exciting and well written would be a bonus. And when that bonus doesn't show up... well that's why you should edit yourself once at the very least before you don your Elmer Fudd gear and whisper: "Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm huntin' agents."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home