Jarsto's Writing Blog

January 30, 2006

Cliffhanger

I didn't benefit from the burst of speed down the home stretch today. My daily wordcount is only slightly above average for a 1000 word day, 1083 to be exact. I could have done more, but I decided to leave with a cliffhanger. The theory is that I will get back into the writing easier thanks to the cliffhanger. It works for reading, so why not for writing?

The total wordcount I reached actually reflects my cliffhung status. 123,999 on the edge of getting another full 1000 but not there just yet. It's a pure coincidence of course, but it's still a nice fact. For the first time in a while I'm thinking that this thing might come in under 130k total. Though that depends on just how fast I can neatly tie up all the loose ends I've left myself. A few major ones should be done soon, but not everything gets resolved all at once. I just hope I don't forget any of them. Sure I could tidy things up while editing (it's certainly not going to be send anywhere without at least one edit) but I'd like to get it right in one go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home