Jarsto's Writing Blog

January 21, 2006

Four Figures

For the first time in nearly two weeks I've crossed the 1000 word boundary, adding 1139 words to Flame Dancer today. I've also got a note ready for the whole section before what I've written now "Needs more conflict!" though I'll leave that until I get around to editing this. While the events in the previous section do help the plot they're almost devoid of conflict and that as much as anything else has helped to kill my pace while writing. After a few days one gets tired of typing long stretches of "everyone gets along with each other, oh look a plot point".

Right now my MC is arguing with someone senior to him, straying quite some distance from what is considered accepted behaviour for someone in his position, and about to face a major dilemma that will have serious consequences whichever way he goes - and the words are running out as fast as my hands can type them (allowing for a little hyperbole).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home