Jarsto's Writing Blog

February 08, 2006

Quick Endings

Maybe it's just an echo of the way Flame Dancer's caught me by surprise, but Lightning may turn out shorter than I thought it was going to be. It 58,400 words there's still a way to go, but for quite a while I thought it would go close to 100k. Now I'm thinking 80k is more likely.

The problem with my current scenes is that they don't really have as much action as they should. That's one of the things keeping at 500 a day, I think. For today at least I still wasn't feeling well which didn't help either. And I managed to get the 500, so I can't complain too much.

In other news I'm learning about the dangers of quoting Jane Austen (as I did a few days ago on this blog). I picked up Pride and Prejudice to make sure my quote was 100% accurate, now I'm reading it, again!

1 Comments:

  • There's nothing wrong with rereading Jane Austen :)
    Though with all the things on my agenda, I'd better not do it myself.

    I did watch a couple of filmversions a while ago though ... I was copying them from vhs to my hdd recorder :)

    Hope you feel better soon.
    I had a stomach ache that didn't want to go away, resulting in my going to bed around 21:30. ... and no writing done in two days.

    By Blogger Blaine D. Arden, at 08:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home