Jarsto's Writing Blog

February 14, 2006

A Little Late

Well it took twenty minutes past the 23:00 target tonight, but I am back at over 500 words. Somehow writing doesn't seem to work the way it's supposed to right now. Fortunately it is working the way it's not supposed to (at least not for me). Even today I kept running into trouble just trying to write. So I opened up a plain-text editor and started to plot in more detail than I've ever done before. Four sentences to cover the last three hundred words of today.

"I'm supposed to just write!" my mind screams at me. And I can only answer my mind that it's certainly got a point. But even though it's not my usual 'whichever way the muse kicks me' way of writing, it got three hundred words done in little time. More to the point I had fun doing it: as long as the writing is fun I'm not going to complain.

1 Comments:

  • I'm glad you managed to reach the 500 again, even if it wasn't in the way you hoped it would.

    As said on my blog ... I didn't get anything done, but I have high hopes for tomorrow

    By Blogger Blaine D. Arden, at 23:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home