Jarsto's Writing Blog

February 16, 2006

Going Strong

The writing went very well tonight. I got 805 words in 31 minutes, which is never a bad thing. I thought about pressing on for a while, but decided I've given myself enough to deal with for now. My male MC, Kevin, just saw his father die, and it wasn't pretty. His father was hit in the head with a spatial pulse that destroyed a large part of his skull and sent his brain oozing out. I may have to edit back the squick value when I get to revision.

So in summary, and continuing from yesterday's post, a bad situation for my characters makes for good writing, but I don't want to take it too far. I have to go through at least some of what Kevin feels to write it and quite frankly I've given myself enough of that for tonight. Especially since I've not been feeling well physically, a strange sensation (not really pain) in the lower part of my stomach. It behaved itself during the 31 minutes of writing earlier, but now it's acting up a bit again.

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on the wordcount :)
    and I hope that stomach ache will ease up.
    Mine's acting up as well, but for a totally different reason I won't mention (and would rather forget myself)

    By Blogger Blaine D. Arden, at 00:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home