Jarsto's Writing Blog

February 18, 2006

A Bit Low Today

My wordcount is now officially only 370 for today. I have some time left to try for more, but I'm just too tired. Writing my MC as, amongst other things, he deals with his father's death is not easy. I'm not sure I'm doing it justice yet, but even the way I'm writing it now is emotionally exhausting for me. In some ways writing can be a lot like acting. Actors often call on emotional memories to act the emotions their part requires. When I write I usually feel the emotions (from memory or imagination I cannot say) I'm putting my characters through.

1 Comments:

  • When I write I usually feel the emotions (from memory or imagination I cannot say) I'm putting my characters through.

    Been there, done that ... actually ... still doing that.
    Which is why whenever I read a scene I wrote that I thought was very emotional, I still feel that emotion. Even if I read it years later.

    By Blogger Blaine D. Arden, at 01:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home